Terms and Conditions
Placement in Portugal is an organisation based in Lisbon which provides support to Portuguese companies with the recruitment process of international students or young graduates.
After resorting to the Placement in Portugal services, the companies will receive candidates to their internship offers who want to become their Trainees.
Placement in Portugal only concludes the Allocation process, when all the documents related with the Internship are signed.
- The Company should sign up on the Website of Placement in Portugal and will be automatically registered on it, in order to benefit from the extensive information about the existing programmes.
- When the Company signs in, a form should be filled in with all the necessary details of the company and business area. Then, the Company can start filling in the information regarding the internship and the profile the Company is searching for.
- By filling in this second form, the Company may choose the requirements and description of the internship position and the type of support which will be given to the trainee.
- After registration, the Company will benefit of the services and tools specially designed to present all the possibilities and offers, with only a click.
- Placement in Portugal will write and operate (where applicable) exclusively with the documentation that is indispensable to the candidate, in order to realise his/her internship in the Company.
- Under no circumstances, Placement in Portugal would be responsible in case that the Company needs additional documents from its provenance country, as for example documents related to the Employment Services or Local Authorities, as this enters in the candidate´s attributions and it is in his/her task to manage and acknowledge the rest of the formalities.
- Placement in Portugal shall not disclose the name of the Company to the candidates at any stage prior to the appointment of the interview between the Company and the Candidate.
- Prices are specified on the website and communicated in the moment that the Company fills in the second form regarding the internship position.
- All prices exclude VAT. The VAT that corresponds to the services of Placement in Portugal is of 23%.
- Placement in Portugal reserves the right to modify its prices on the strength of its terms. None of the changes apply to ongoing allocations.
Payment regulation and Payment options
- The client shall perform the following steps, imposed by the Terms and Conditions, in order that the procedure could take place:
- The payment of 30%, in advance, from the internship offer’s price that was presented on www.placementinportugal.com, during the moment of the registration.
- The payment of the remaining 70%, takes place after Placement in Portugal states the allocation process, as being finished, which is in the moment that all the documents are signed by the Company, Trainee and the University.
The whole amount must be integrally paid. The service procedure will not start if the Company does not carry out his/her 30% payment from the price.
The payment will be processed via gateway payment provided by Stripe, in this way, on www.placementinportugal.com
When you register your credit card after the first payment on www.placementinportugal.com, you accept that once we finish the recruitment process, we charge directly the remaining 70% of the price from your credit card.
Once the Company creates their account and publishes an internship offer and the service is initiated (see clause above), Placement in Portugal will send one Candidate at time that matches the internship offer. The Company will have 5 days to analyze the profile of the candidate and to give an answer to Placement in Portugal.
Placement in Portugal offers the possibility of having one interview in order to meet the Candidate.
After analyzing the candidate’s profile, the Company should decide:
- If the Candidate fits the position of the internship offer, and wants to accept him/her
- or if wants to decline the Candidate, in case of objective reasons.
If the Company chooses to decline the Candidate, Placement in Portugal will send one more Candidate and the procedure starts again.
The recruitment ending service shall be produced only when Placement in Portugal has managed to accomplish all the necessary documents that the recruitment procedure requires, in order that the Company and the Candidate could start the allocation.
The finalization occurs only when the documents are acknowledged and signed by all the parties (Company, Trainee and University) which certify the validity.
Placement in Portugal can interfere in the process (suspend, terminate, oversee, inspect) when:
- On one hand, if the Company rejected all the Candidates (during the period of 60 days), since the offer is online, the 30% of the price, paid in advance, would be refunded.
- On the other hand, if the Company decides to end an internship offer, but previously accepted one or more candidates, wherewith, the finalization did not occur, Placement in Portugal would not refund the 30% of the payment to the Company, on the strength of the vacancy places occupied by the Candidate. As for the rest of 70% of the price, they will not be required.
- Thirdly, in case that the Company has accepted one or more candidates and the recruitment finalization has occurred, TX, would not refund 30% reserved for the vacant places and in addition, the 70% left would be requested.
The relation starts when the Company has chosen one of the Candidates from the platform, who meets all the conditions imposed by the specific position. All contact shall be done directly on the website www.placementinportugal.com, or in an exceptional case, through e-mail.
End of the Internship
- In case the Candidate terminates the Learning Agreement for Traineeships with the Company prior to the starting day of the traineeship (stated in internship documentation), Placement in Portugal will replace the Candidate with a new allocation without any additional costs (within a period of 60 days).
- In case the Company rejects the candidate due to a reasonable motive during the first 15 days of the internship from the starting date on the internship documentation, Placement in Portugal will assure the replacement of the candidate with no additional costs charged to the Company (within a period of 60 days).
Placement in Portugal can end the contract in the following cases:
- In case that the Company NEGLECTS the Terms and Conditions of the platform and if the problem that occurred cannot be solved in an interval of 10 days from the notification, with a written document from TX.
- In case that the Company breaks the relation with Placement in Portugal, and directly contacts the Candidates or the Universities, without using the platform of Placement in Portugal for the usage of the presented offers. Placement in Portugal reserves the right to charge full allocation fee and any other fee charges deemed applicable in this situation.
- In case that the Company does not respond diligently to the petitions of Placement in Portugal.
- When a Candidate is selected by Placement in Portugal and The Company acknowledges the matching but does not give a feedback to the Candidate within 10 working days.
- When the Company does not sign and validate the documents that were prepared by Placement in Portugal within 5 working days.
- In case that the Company declines a number of Candidates (5) without justification and for a prolonged period.
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a text archive which is stored in a computer or mobile device through a web server. Only this server has the capacity to recover or read the content of the cookie and permit the website to record navigation preferences to enable the user to navigate in an efficient way. The cookies make the interaction between the user and the website faster and easier.
- General Information
- How does it work?
- Which type of Cookies do we use?
The cookies that this web page uses can be distinguished by the following criteria:
- Types of Cookies according the entity that manages them:
According to the nature of the entity that manages the domain or the computer from where the cookies are sent and how they process the acquired data, we can distinguish as follows:
- Own Cookies:
Those which are sent to the user terminal equipment of a user from a computer or domain, managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party Cookies:
Those which are sent to the user terminal equipment of a user from a computer or domain, not managed by the publisher nor by any other entity that uses the data obtained through Cookies. If the Cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher, but the information collected is to be managed by a third party, these cannot be considered as own Cookies.
- Types of Cookies according to the length of time that they remain activated:
According to the length of time that they remain activated in the computer terminal, we can distinguish between:
- Session Cookies:
These are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. These are usually used to store information with only the interest in preserving the provision of the requested service from the user in only one occasion (for example a list of acquired products).
- Persistent Cookies:
These are a type of cookie in which they store data in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a defined period of time by the person responsible for the cookie, which can last from a few minutes to various years.
- Types of cookies according to their purpose:
According to the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies are processed, we can distinguish between:
- Technical Cookies:
Are those which allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the utilization of different options or services within which exist, for example, to control traffic and the communication of data, to identify the session, to access restricted access areas, to remember elements that are integrated into an order, to perform the sales process of an order, to perform the inscription or participation request in an event, to use security elements during navigation, to store content for the diffusion of videos or sounds or to share content through social networks.
- Personalization Cookies:
Those which allow the user to access the service with some general predefined characteristics in function with a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, for example this could be a language, the type of navigator through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where the user accesses the service etc.
- Analysis Cookies:
Analysis cookies allow the owners of the website to trace and analyze the behaviour of users on the site. The information collected through this type of cookie is used in the measurement of website, platform or application activity and for the development of user navigation profiles of those sites, applications and platforms, with the purpose of introducing improvements in function with the analysis of data that the service users make.
- Cookie Management Tool
This web page uses Google Analytics.
- How to manage Cookies on your Computer?
All Internet browsers allow you to limit the behavior of a cookie or disable cookies within the settings or browser options. The steps to do this are different for each browser, you can find instructions in the help menu of your browser.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
For more information about Internet Explorer or how to block, enable or allow cookies,
For more information about Chrome
For more information about Safari
For more information about Firefoxe
- View internal cookies
Through your browser, you can also view the cookies that are on your computer, and delete them as you see fit. Cookies are text files, you can open them and read the content. The data inside them is almost always encrypted with a numeric key corresponding to a session on the Internet so it often does not make sense beyond the web page that wrote it.
- Informed Consent
- In accordance with the law, Placement in Portugal commits to respect and protect the confidential nature of all the information, hereinafter referred to as “data”, relating to the Trainee or the Company.
- All the trainee and company’s data, supplied by them, indirectly gathered by Placement in Portugal from other sources or resulting from subscriptions, consultations, instructions, transactions or other registrations relating to contracts established between Placement in Portugal the trainees or companies shall be processed by Placement in Portugal by automated or non-automated means.
- For the purpose of ensuring an appropriate safety level able to face the risks that the processing of personal data and the use of distance communication means imply, Placement in Portugal provides, at www.placementinportugal.pt, information and alerts on the safety measures that the trainees and companies are responsibles for observing.
- Placement in Portugal shall be responsible for processing the data.
5. The candidate and company’s data may be collected from/provided to public or private entities in the wake of the compliance with the legal and regulatory duties applicable to the Placement in Portugal for the purposes of data confirmation and collection of information for contractual purposes.